Saturday, August 25, 2007

Yes, I'm Ready to Fall in Love with Valana Minerals Stardust Luxury Foundation

Yesterday, I visited the Skin Deep cosmetics database, in search of a non-toxic mineral foundation powder. I had actually intended to get the name of another product that I had seen on the list before so that I could visit their website.

Thankfully, I noticed there was a newer name in the top fifty foundation products with the lowest safety concerns: Valana Minerals Stardust Luxury Foundation. Valana Minerals occupies the #8 spot as well as the #26 through #39 spots on the list. Pretty impressive for a new comer, since there are 648 products listed in the foundation category.

I searched the internet and located their website: ValanaMinerals.com. Actually, that's Valana Minerals: Natural Mineral Makeup Formulated for Women of Color. I was bubbling over with joy as soon as soon as the home page opened. Then, I looked at the actual colors of the foundation. Wow! These are gorgeous, rich colors begging to be applied to our skin. Skin Deep lists the ingredients according to the packaging as: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, and Iron Oxides. Valana minerals contains no parabens and provides natural sunscreen protection.

This line is created by Valerie Reed, an African American entrepreneur who merits appreciation, support and admiration. Check out this video for additional details about the product and an application demonstration.



Well, I ordered 5 samples of the Stardust Luxury Foundation and I can't wait until they arrive. I also purchased a Sparkie Lips Color Stick in Velvet Pomegranate. This is a vegan lip gloss. Ooooh! I can hardly wait! As soon as I determine the best color foundation for me, I am also planning to purchase makeup application brushes from Valana Minerals Velvet Plush Brush Collection. These are faux brushes, so they are vegan and cruelty free. It just keeps getting better and better!

Additional items Valana Minerals offers include: Cheeky Cheek Pots© Blushes, Eye Indulgence Eye Color©, and Blazing Bronzers©.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was ready to fall in love, and I did.This makeup line is the bomb. I always favored mineral makeup over liquid foundations-however I was displeased by the look of a leading mineral makeup that I used. The look was not bare or natural. Now I can finally say that I have a bare looking face after applying my Valana Min Found. I am using Fire Goddess, but I plan to mix and match them. The coverage is great, it's not irritating-this product does not contain any bismuth. The other brand I used contained this chemical and it bothered my skin some. The color selections that are offered at Valana Minerals are vast, and can be used with light tan to deep complexions. I am so thankful for this makeup line

BFP said...

Like you I am thankful for this product line. I am curious to know how you found out that bismuth was irritating your skin. I have acne-prone skin and it seems that I am constantly battling blemishes. Do you think that I should avoid bismuth? Is it found in lotions/creams or just color cosmetics?

Anonymous said...

Bismuth is a natural mineral that can lead to allergic reactions or itching when it comes in contact with sweat (we have pores allover so it leads many to itch). It may also enlarge pores. Most companies that use it add it to make their makeup "glow" or give the "dewy" look. It's white/gray in color and on those with light skin it does offer a nice glow but on women of color it looks like ashen dry skin.

Valana Minerals is great for those with acne for a couple of reasons. First, there are only four ingredients and they are all natural and processed for safety. That means you don't have a long laundry list of ingredients. The fewer ingredients, the less likelihood you have of a bad reaction. Second, one of the ingredients is zinc oxide, which is a natural anti-inflammatory, which helps reduce swelling of blemishes and helps speed up healing.

Keep in mind that it is possible to be allergic to natural ingredients also. I’m allergic to pollen. My best friend is allergic to avocados, tea and coffee.
I’ve sold a lot of makeup and done countless makeovers with my products and so far I’ve only had one customer who couldn’t use my products because she was allergic to titanium dioxide. I could hardly believe it myself but she was allergic to one of the four ingredients. Although, the likelihood is less with a product like Valana Minerals, there is no “miracle” in a jar.

Take care and good luck in your search for healthy skin care!

Valerie R. (owner-Valana Minerals)

BFP said...

Thank you Valerie. Great information. You Rock!

Anonymous said...

I have been searching for chemical free makeup for black women and I finally found Valana's and I phone her and I am very please with the information she gave me. I was going to shop at Avanya website but they do not focus on the black skin like Valana does. Thank you Jesus I finally found my chemical free makeup. I am going to be one of her best customers. Valana, you go girl!!! I can't wait to order.