Saturday, September 15, 2007

It Is Love!

As promised, I am back with a review of Valana Minerals Luxury Foundation. Long name amazing results! Before I even tried the product, I was gushing over it. And, yes, I have indeed fallen in love. I am happy to say that Stardust Luxury Foundation is the mineral make-up I have been waiting for--a non-toxic product formulated for women of color.

Although I knew that I needed a warm-with-red-undertones shade, I purchased six sample pots in a range of colors just to be sure. I'll also be eligible for a $10 discount when I order the full-size product.

I have used mineral make-up before, but I noticed a huge difference with Valana Minerals Stardust Luxury Foundation. With six colors in front of me, it was difficult for me to decide which one was a match to my skin. I have medium brown skin with red undertones. In the pots, the colors all looked pretty dark. As I tried each one, I realized that they look dark because they are pure color. They don't contain chemical fillers that make them look chalky on the skin. In fact, the color looks positively radiant. I settled on Gentle Amber. Here are the available colors:


Golden Honey


Golden Honey is a sweet blend of light tan with yellow - peach undertones, and gold highlights.




Earth Diva


Earth Diva merges medium tan with neutral to olive undertones and gold highlights.




Sweet Amber


Sweet Amber combines medium tan with a reddish orange undertone, and bronze highlights.




Fire Spice


Fire Spice is a balanced medium brown with gold highlights.





Golden Queen


Golden Queen is a royal blend of light tan with a deep yellow tone and golden highlights.




Earth Sable


Earth Sable incorporates dark tan with peach undertones, an olive hue and gold highlights.




Amber Blaze


Amber Blaze is light neutral reddish brown with subtle bronze highlights.





Fire Goddess


Fire Goddess is deep neutral brown with subtle reddish brown highlights.





Golden Bamboo


Golden Bamboo is a smooth medium tan with yellow-olive undertones, a peach hue and gold highlights.




Mother Earth


Mother Earth is deep brown with olive undertones, an orange hue and golden highlights.




Gentle Amber


Gentle Amber is medium brown with red undertones and bronze highlights.





Ebony Fire


Ebony Fire combines deep, rich neutral brown and a spark of golden highlights.





Golden Sand


Golden Sand infuses medium/deep brown with olive-yellow undertones and golden highlights.




Earth Onyx


Earth Onyx is an infusion of deep rich brown with olive undertones, a hint of blue and a subtle orange glow.




Red Amber


Red Amber joins deep brown with red undertones and bronze highlights.




[Photos and descriptions are courtesy of Valanaminerals.com]

Don't let your computer monitor fool you; these are fabulously rich colors. They are divided into groups of shades appropriate for yellow, olive, red and neutral undertones. Application is a breeze. You just swirl the color onto the brush and whisk it over your face, layering to deepen coverage. A little goes a long way.

I also purchased the Sparkie Lips Color Stick in Velvet Pomegranate. I was expecting a lip gloss, which I never wear, but I was so excited about the prospect of an explicitly vegan lip product that ordered it anyway. Once again, I was very pleased with this Valana Minerals product. Happily, Sparkie Lips Color Sticks are more of a glossy lipstick than a lip gloss. Perfect, because I am a hardcore lipstick wearer, meaning that I don't go out of the house without it. This is a deeply pigmented concoction that smells (and tastes!) great. It was flattering to my skin tone and lasted a long time. Next time I'll try the Copper Porto.

Oh, but I'm not done raving about Valana Minerals. Now, for the the icing on the cake: When I e-mailed Customer Service seeking permission to use the product photos in my blog, I received an e-mail from the owner, Valerie Reed. She so gets me; she wrote:

"I believe that women of color deserve great quality-harmless cosmetic choices and good customer service just like other ethnic groups and I'm honored to provide."

This is one busy lady, and she took the time out to respond to me. Having worked in retail for 20 years, or so, customer service is a real sticking point with me. My Valana Minerals experience exceeded my expectations in every way. Can you say customer for life?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks for such a great review. I'm happy to hear you are pleased with our products enough to tell others and be a customer for life. Your words comments are truly important and are more evidence that Valana Minerals is 'on the right track.'

Anonymous said...

i ordered for the very first time from valana minerals, i was very impressed with the service, i called to check on my order and valerie answered the phone, most companies you can't even get anyone to talk to you, and when i received my order, she wrote thank you on my receipt, i will always order from your company and thank you for creating such a wonderful product.....

BFP said...

Thank you for responding to this post. It's great to hear positive feedback from others for a product line that I so adore! I am still in love with Valana Minerals--even more so than before! Since my original posts on the products, I have ordered the foundation 2 additional times. Along with the full-size versions of Gentle Amber, I purchase the sample sizes of Golden Bamboo and and Golden Whisper to create my perfect shade.

When I first wrote about Valana Minerals a year ago, I had just started a new job. Since then, several of my co-workers have commented on my perfect skin and how it glows!

For about two weeks, I've been using the Oasis Oil Control Powder that I received with my last shipment. It's doing a great job keeping the oil at bay. And, I'll be excited to try Valana Mineral's new vegan lipstick when I place my next order.

Keep up the great work, Valerie!